As a career woman, one of the challenges we face is dressing according to the office dress code yet still keep our own style without looking boring on the way. So how to do it without crossing the line yet also without playing it safe? It’s all about balance – You only need one or two fashion items to show your creativity and style. Be sure to keep the rest of the look clean and neutral. Here are some tips on how to do it the right way:
- Color – In most work places, the most worn colors are black, white, beige, gray, navy blue and khaki. Add a little color to your total look choosing to wear items with bolder colors. But remember, in order to keep your look clean, make sure to add one or two colored items tops.
- Statement earrings or necklace – Replace your regular stud earrings or gold necklace with some statement pieces, something that will leave an impression – that’s all you need to upgrade your office look game. Try to avoid wearing large earrings, chunky bracelets and long chained necklace all at once, wear only one item at a time for an effortless look.
- Prints – Don’t be afraid wearing items with interesting prints on them, this is a great way to make you look fashionable and chic. Keep the rest of your look neutral so you won’t look funny.
- Shoes – Try to add some interest to your look by adding a pair of bold shoes. Black heels and nude sandals are indeed classic and goes with any outfit, but they can make the whole look boring. Red shoes, for example, are bold enough to attract the attention of your colleagues at work, but still are appropriate for the office.
- Blazers – This item will make every look into one that shows business. Blazers doesn’t have to be boring, you can “play” with the length of the sleeves, fold them a little, roll up and expose a hand decorated with jewelry. Also, the blazer doesn’t have to be black, you can wear a blazer with color or print on it to make it a bit more interesting.
- Makeup – Finish your look with a careful and neutral makeup. Don’t apply bold colored eye shadows or false lashes. You can add color to your lips – a red or pink lipstick will add the personal touch you need.
So don’t be afraid taking fashion risks occasionally, beyond the fact that it’s fun, it certainly provokes positive feedback from your colleagues.
Hope you enjoyed these tips and find them useful. I would love to read your thoughts in the comments below. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for new posts coming soon. Kiss Kiss, Roni.